Tofu and Asparagus Pad Thai2013-03-29
- Yield : 2
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
This recipe makes a healthy, vegetarian alternative of the very popular Pad Thai. You can make a delicious, spicy light meal in just half an hour.
- 200 g rice noodles
- 2 lime (1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges)
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable/sunflower oil
- 300 g tof (dry, cut into cubes)
- 10 spears asparagus (diagonally sliced)
- 300 g bean sprouts
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- coriander leaves
Cook the noodles following the instructions on the pack.
Mix the lime juice, tamarind and chili sauce in a bowl and put aside.
Preheat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok and fry the tofu for 5-8 minutes until golden. Set aside.
Add the remaining oil and fry asparagus, stirring until tender.
Add the spring onions, bean sprouts and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
Stir in the noodles, sauce and salt. Add the tofu and heat everything.
Serve with coriander and salted peanuts sprinkled all over, and the lime wedges in the side.